ShowBiz & Sports Celebs Lifestyle

Hot

Identities Revealed of 3 Sisters Recovered from the Ocean at Popular Tourist Beach as Their Father Pays Heartbreaking Tribute

Identities Revealed of 3 Sisters Recovered from the Ocean at Popular Tourist Beach as Their Father Pays Heartbreaking Tribute

Becca LongmireWed, May 20, 2026 at 4:02 PM UTC

297

Jane Adetoro; Christina Walter; and Rebecca Walter
Credit: Sussex Police -

Three sisters whose bodies were recovered from the ocean off Brighton beach in England have been named

Police formally identified the women as Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walter, 32, and Rebecca Walter, 31, one week after their bodies were found at around 5:45 a.m. local time on Wednesday, May 13

"No words can truly describe the pain of losing three daughters in the prime of their lives," the sisters' father, Joseph, said in a tribute

Three women whose bodies were recovered from the ocean near the coastal city of Brighton, England, have been named.

On Wednesday, May 20, Sussex Police confirmed that the women had been formally identified as sisters Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walter, 32, and Rebecca Walter, 31, one week after their bodies were found at around 5:45 a.m. local time on Wednesday, May 13.

Emergency services had been called to the beach near Black Rock parking lot off Madeira Drive in Brighton on the day the bodies were recovered, police said.

“Jane, Christina and Rebecca were sisters, from the Uxbridge area of London. Their next of kin are being supported by specialist officers during this incredibly difficult time,” authorities added in a release.

Jane Adetoro, Christina Walter and Rebecca Walter
Credit: Sussex Police

Police said that the investigation into the siblings' deaths is ongoing, but confirmed that “at this time, there is no evidence to suggest third-party involvement or criminality.”

Authorities added that “specialist detectives are working hard to gather the full facts and circumstances of their deaths.”

“This has included the review of hundreds of hours of CCTV, enquiries at properties and businesses around the beach area to try and trace the women's last movements and extensive engagement with our partners in Brighton and London,” police continued, per the release.

Police are urging anybody who might have information regarding the case to come forward.

— sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

The sisters' father, Joseph, paid tribute to his daughters in a heartbreaking statement shared by Sussex Police.

“Today, with a heart full of sorrow and love, I pay tribute to my beloved daughters — Jane, Christina, and Becky — whose lives ended so tragically far too soon,” he said, adding that “no words can truly describe the pain of losing three daughters in the prime of their lives.”

Advertisement

Joseph continued, “Jane, Christina, and Becky were more than daughters to me; they were my joy, my strength, and the beautiful light that filled our family with happiness and love.”

A photo of Black Rock parking lot off Madeira Drive in Brighton, England
Credit: Google Maps

He said that each of the three women was “unique and precious” in their “own special way.”

“Your smiles brightened dark days, your laughter brought comfort, and your presence made life more meaningful. Though your time on earth was short, the impact you made will remain in our hearts forever,” Joseph shared.

Mentioning each of his daughters individually, Joseph then said, “Jane, your strength and loving spirit will never be forgotten. Christina, your kindness and beautiful heart touched so many lives. Becky, your warmth and joyful soul brought happiness wherever you went.”

“You were deeply loved, and you will always be deeply missed. The tragedy of losing all three of you has left an emptiness that words cannot heal. There are days when the grief feels unbearable, yet I hold tightly to the memories we shared — the laughter, the conversations, the love, and the bond that death can never take away,” he continued.

“Though you are no longer here beside us, your spirits live on in our hearts every day. Love like yours never dies. You will forever remain a part of our lives, our prayers, and our memories,” Joseph concluded. “Rest peacefully, my precious daughters — Jane, Christina, and Becky. You may be gone from our sight, but never from our hearts. Forever loved. Forever missed. Forever remembered.”

Chief Superintendent Adam Hays, Divisional Commander for Brighton and Hove, said that “the thoughts of everyone at Sussex Police” were with the family following the "devastating" loss.

Hays said, “I know this incident has had a profound impact on the local community in Brighton, and across the country and I'd like to reassure the public we will leave no stone unturned in our investigation to understand exactly what led to the tragic events of that Wednesday morning.”

“This investigation will continue in earnest, with Jane, Christina and Rebecca's family at its [center]. I would ask that they are given the privacy to come to terms with this terrible tragedy,” he concluded.

Sussex Police had no further statements to add when contacted by PEOPLE.

on People

Original Article on Source

Source: “AOL General News”

We do not use cookies and do not collect personal data. Just news.